Located in Thailand’s far north in the Golden Triangle where the border meets Myanmar and Laos, Chiang Rai is a lovely place to explore Thailand’s exotic hill tribe cultures, beautiful Lanna (northern Thai) temples, arts and crafts, and go trekking by foot or elephant in the misty green hills.
Our tranquil retreat is nestled in a gentle wooded area surrounded by scenic lakes and lush rice fields 17 km from Chiang Rai town. Our cottages are clustered around a small lake where guests can go swimming in the lake and Himalayan Crystal Salt swimming pool, take nature walks, jog, and bike ride along the surrounding country lanes.
Visit our Location page for more information about attractions in Chiang Rai and what to do in Chiang Rai.
We can help to arrange airport or bus terminal transfer within Chiang Rai by our designated taxi driver (max 3 people per car) or minivan (max 6 – 8 people with luggage). We are about 40 minutes away from Chiang Rai airport. We can also arrange transfer to/from Chiang Mai airport as well.
From November to January, the temperature can vary from at night 11 to 27 degrees Celsius during the day. You can bring light comfortable clothing for the day, and a warm jacket, scarf, and socks for the evening.
From mid February onwards the temperatures are warm, and the nights are still cool. Please bring a light shawl or/and jacket. After mid March we go into the hot season and need only summer clothing.
During the rainy season from June to October, you may also need a light shawl or jacket for the evenings. Umbrellas will be provided in every room.
Please bring along your personal toiletries, natural insect repellent, sunscreen, personal journal and pen.
With simple bungalows clustered around a small lake, our down-to-earth community environment lets you feel at home surrounded by friends among fellow guests and our team members.
- 4 rooms: Standard Room with Twin Beds (fan)
- 4 rooms: Standard Room with Double Beds (fan)
- 4 rooms: Triple Room with Three Beds (air-conditioned)
- 2 rooms: Superior Room with Twin Beds (air-conditioned)
- 1 room: Superior Room with Wooden Bed (air-conditioned)
- 1 room: Superior Room with Water Bed (air-conditioned)
Visit our Accommodation Page for more information of each room type.
- Reading lamps
- Wall fans for all rooms
- Air-conditioning for superior and triple rooms
- Private shower with warm water
- Hair dryer
- Body wash and shampoo
- Hot water kettle
- Complimentary drinking water and herbal tea
- Hangers for clothes
- Drying rack for clothes
- Mosquito repellent
- Herbal tea and ozonized drinking water are offered complimentary for you. We ask our guests to please refill the drinking water bottle themselves during their stay with us.
Other toiletries, such as toothpaste, toothbrush, razor, body cream, can be purchased from our Museflower Boutique.
- Check-in: between 2 to 9pm (guests should arrive before 9pm)
- Check-out: Noon
Late check out is possible if there are no other guests checking into the same room. Please inquire at our reception.
Our reception desk is open from 9am to 9pm daily. Our services include and are not limited to the following:
- Bring you on a site tour around Museflower
- Recommend and book any spa treatment or steam session at Museflower Spa
- Book transport to/from airport, bus terminal, or other places in city
- Book any additional wellness activities, such as farm tour, cooking class
- Organize transport to/from Night Bazaar or Weekend walking street (see signup sheet in our notice board in Soul Food Corner)
- Recommend sightseeing routes, cafes, restaurants in Chiang Rai
- Book organized self tours, PDA tours, or elephant sanctuary tours
- Help with booking your bus ticket to Chiang Mai (extra service charge to pay the bus ticket for you at 7-11)
- Print your boarding pass, bus ticket, or other documents
- Photocopy or scan documents (no books allowed)
- Weigh your luggage
- Collect your laundry bag
- Borrow travel adapters or phone chargers (only a couple are available)
- Borrow electric heated blankets for cool season (only a few are available)
- Rent bicycles and suggest routes for cycling around the center
- Provide directions to walk or jog around the center
- Store any valuables and luggage
- Borrow our laptop to check your emails (no longer than 30 minutes per person)
- Make local calls (complimentary for no longer than 5 mins per call)
- Recommend any shop products
- Issue tax invoice
- Help pack your extra belongings in box (we only use recycled box)
- Help accessing our first-aid box
- Help follow up with any missing luggage or ticketing issues with airline
- Leave gratuity to any spa or other team members
- Purchase materials for your group (pay cash directly back for the materials purchased)
We are happy to assist you with any other types of inquiries and feedback during your stay. , However, if certain requests are not aligned with our Retreat & Spa’s policy, we will not be able to assist further. We ask that our guests to be responsible of their own actions, health, safety, and well-being.
Please note that we do not offer currency exchange services at our Reception. As we only accept Thai Baht or credit card for payment, we kindly ask our guests to exchange money in the town.
We offer daily basic housekeeping services, including: emptying the garbage, sweeping the floor, cleaning the bathroom, and tidying the bed. Bed sheets and bath towels are changed every three days. If you would like us to change any linen, please inform our Reception.
As our rooms and facilities are generally not soundproof, kindly keep your noise level as low as possible, in order to maintain a serene retreat environment for others.
Complimentary wireless internet access is available in public areas, such as the lobby, our restaurant Soul Food Corner, and by the pool lounge.
However, we recommend our group retreat guests to turn off your electronic gadgets as much as possible during your stay, so you can fully enjoy and engage in the natural surroundings and the present moment.
We provide laundry services at a reasonable cost. You may request a laundry form and bag from the reception, and guests are advised to return the form and laundry to our reception at 9am. Please give us about one to two days to return the laundry.
Prefer to wash your own clothes? You can borrow a bucket from our reception and dry your clothes outside your room.
We provide one drawer with lock in each room to store your belongings. Please make sure to leave the locker key in the room upon check out. We recommend our guests to refrain from bringing expensive jewelry and valuables. We can also lock your valuables in our office if you so desire. Please note that Museflower Retreat & Spa is not responsible for any items lost outside of the property.
Please note that the maximum accommodation capacity of our Retreat & Spa center is 36 people if everyone shares a room, or 16 people if everyone requests a single room.
Should you decide to rent our facility for your retreat but would require more rooms than we can accommodate, we can offer assistance to provide information of other accommodations around our area. However, please note that you should contact and make the reservation with the other accommodations directly. We cannot make any booking or payment to any third party agents on your behalf.
Phones are not provided in the guest areas in order to promote a tranquil atmosphere. If you would like to make a domestic or international call, please do so at the Reception. Phone charges apply depending on the country and duration of the call.
If you would like to purchase a local sim card to use with your phone, our Reception is happy to assist. You can also purchase a sim card in any convenience store, such as 7-eleven. To purchase a top up sim card, please make sure to bring your passport to register. In Thailand it is very easy to purchase top up credit for the sim card.
We provide covered complimentary parking for all our in-house guests at our entrance area. Parking is not allowed in the front of our lobby except for getting on or off vehicles.
We offer delicious, organic lacto/ovo vegetarian Thai/Asian food with buffet style dining, three meals a day.
Fresh produce is picked straight from our own on-site Aquaponics system and organic garden, and we source locally as much as possible.
We offer complimentary ozonized, chemical-free pure drinking water, herbal tea and healthy fruit snacks throughout the day.
Vegan or gluten-free option is available upon request. Please let us know upon reservation if you have food allergies or special dietary requirements.
Eating vegetarian food helps the body go through a gentle detox and feel lighter without meat.
For vegetarian travellers, it is often difficult to find delicious vegetarian food while travelling. You can rest assured that we can meet your vegetarian and vegan needs with the delicious flavors or our fresh, organic, natural green cuisine.
We offer family style buffet meals so that guests can choose to eat as much or as little as you want.
Our philosophy is “Simple is Bliss, Bliss is Simple”, so overall our portion size and meals are light and simple, filled with lots of colors and flavors.
Our breakfast and dinner buffets offer simpler dishes to keep us feeling light, while lunch is focused as the main meal of the day with more variety of dishes. We keep dinner light intentionally so your body can digest the food easier, feel lighter and sleep better.g
At Museflower, we offer authentic Thai and Asian cuisine with local ingredients that you may not have experienced before. It is like a home-cooked meal with a gentler and mildly spicy taste, seasoned with love and soul prepared by our Thai kitchen team.
With our healthy Asian dining focus, we do not offer western staples or additives like bread, pastry, beans, lentils, cheese, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, MSG, protein shakes, green smoothies, and imported superfood products.
In Asian vegetarian cooking, we use tofu, soybeans, green peas and beans, oatmeal, pumpkin seeds, broccoli as our main protein sources. We also offer locally grown organic spirulina powder, a high source of iron and protein, to add to your drinks complimentary as part of the buffet.
Our food experience is part of the overall retreat experience. The retreat experience is about breaking habits, including food habits. We encourage guests to be open to try different types of food, which is a part of being open to accept new things in life. This, in turn, is a reflection of how open we are in general to break old habits and allow healing and transformation to take place.
We do want to point out that eating vegetarian food does not necessarily mean weight loss. Weight loss is not the main focus of Museflower’s retreat experience. We promote healthy lifestyle in general and this includes healthy food choices and fresh ingredients.
Breakfast (between 8.00am – 10.00am): Oatmeal, one Asian hot dish (congee, boiled rice, noodle or soup), kefir, non-dairy milk such as almond or rice milk, fresh fruit and muesli, one glass of fresh juice, herbal tea, and additional egg dish to order (no limit)
*coffee and bread are not served
Lunch (between 12.30pm – 2.00pm): Green salad, hot dishes such as curry, stir fried vegetable, omelet etc., local dessert, and herbal tea
Dinner (between 6.30pm – 8.00pm): Hot soup, simple hot dish, steam vegetable with dip, and herbal tea
If there is any specific Thai dish that you’d like to experience during your stay, you may let us know in advance at the Reception and we will do our best to prepare the dish subject to availability of ingredients.
*All meals are inclusive in the room rates, except for additional drink and snack order
We offer special smoothies and fresh fruit juices, premium organic teas, and homemade chips and snacks throughout the day for our guests to enjoy at extra cost. Menu is available in Soul Food Corner and the Pool Lounge. Order can be taken from 8am to 7pm daily, or order in advance.
Other meal times may be requested specifically just for the group, but kindly limit to 30 minutes before normal buffet times are served. For example, breakfast can be served at 7.30am instead of 8.00am, lunch can be served at 12.00pm instead of 12.30pm, and dinner at 6.00pm instead of 6.30pm.
We can also arrange takeaway food boxes for groups who want to enjoy our food but will be on-the-go for sightseeing or departing to the airport. Kindly inform us at least two days in advance.
Besides lacto-ovo vegetarian food, we are able to provide vegan, gluten-free or dairy-free options for guests. Please notify the Retreat 14 days in advance for any special dietary requirements and allergies of your guests.
If you have specific foods or supplements that you need for your diet or for health reasons, please do bring them with you in case we cannot find these items in Chiang Rai. You may store your food items in our community fridge in the Soul Food Corner.
Please note that coffee and alcohol are not allowed in this fridge.
Group rates are available for our spa treatments, wellness classes, workshops and cycling tours.
- Spa therapies, such as signature aromatherapy massage, traditional Thai massage, body scrubs and wrap
- Herbal steam sessions
- Yoga, Pilates Mat, Tai Chi, Stretching
- Meditation such as Shamanic Journey, Nature Mandala, Mindfulness, Dynamic, Heal Your Water Within
- Guided cycling tour to visit our nearby lake and village
- Cooking demonstration in our Soul Food Corner
- Farm-to-Table cooking workshop in our Soul Food Corner
- Morning organic farm tour to pick up duck eggs (complimentary)
- D.I.Y spa and home use products class
- Wellness workshops such as Introduction to Meditation, Introduction to Energy Healing, massage workshops
- Swim in our heated salt water pool or with the fishes in our beautiful lake
- Borrow a book from our Living Room and chill by the Pool Lounge
- Color your own mandala in our Creative Studio
- Exercise on the treadmill in our Gym on rainy days
- Meditate any time of the day in our sala by the lake or in our garden
- Star gaze at night or enjoy a mediation on our “Chi” lake platform
- Explore nearby area and lakes on foot or rent a bicycle
- Watch movies in our Living room
- Play board games and mahjong at Soul Food Corner
Discover what to see and to do in Chiang Rai with our local travel partner, PDA tours, or hire a taxi or minivan and explore on your own.
We are happy to announce that we are partnering with PDA (Population and Development Association) Tour, a social enterprise whose profits are donated to support community development for local and hill tribe communities. When you take a cultural excursion with PDA, you are helping give back to the local community.
PDA Tours include:
- Chiang Rai city tour
- Chiang Rai hilltribe study tour
- Tours to Doi Tung, Mae Sai, Golden Triangle, Chiang Saen, Chiang Khong
- Mae Salong Mountain Tour
- Hilltribe highlands tour
- Elephant safari and hilltribe trekking tour
- Chiang Rai scenery tour
- And more…
Visit our Attractions Page to see what excursions you can arrange for your retreat group in Chiang Rai
Suggested One-Day Sightseeing Programs (you can rent your own driver and/or tour guide):
- White Temple –> Singha Park (lunch) –> Black House Museum –> Central Shopping Mall
- White Temple –> Chiang Rai town (lunch) –> Temples in Chiang Rai town
- Doi Tung Royal Villa & Garden –> Golden Triangle (lunch, Hall of Opium Museum, market)
- Doi Mae Salong Mountain tea plantation –> Black House Museum
- Elephant sanctuary half or full day program
- And more…
Suggested Night Programs:
- Night Bazaar (open daily, dinner available)
- Weekend walking street (Saturdays and Sundays only)
Please note that some temples and museums require an entrance fee.
Visiting religious temples in Thailand require proper clothing, such as clothing covering the knees and shoulders. You may also wear a scarf or borrow a sarong from our Spa to cover these areas when you visit the temples.