By Tania Ho
April 1, 2020
Welcome to Day 1 of your 7-day chakra home retreat challenge!
Today we start with the base of the spine – the Root Chakra. The topic of the root chakra is about our connection to our physical body and to this planet Earth. When our root chakra is balanced, we feel grounded, protected, stable and have a strong sense of belonging.
I hope you will enjoy today’s challenge and activities as suggested below. You can refer to Today’s Resources section for more ideas or you can let me know what works for you so I can add to the list for future home retreat challengers.
Remember, our goal for our home retreat is to take this opportunity to practice mindfulness in our daily life and to tune into ourselves.
As always, if you have any questions, feedback, or any sharing, feel free to email me here.
Day 1: Root Chakra
Always begin your day with your morning spiritual practices.
I suggest a minimum of 30 minutes per day for beginners in order to kickstart your spiritual practices on a daily basis as below. I will repost in the today’s resources section at the end of this article for yoga and meditation that you can access online.
- YOGA / EXERCISE: 15 minutes (be sure to follow @seaflowyoga for a daily chakra free yoga video)
- MEDITATION: 5 minutes
- JOURNALING: 10 minutes
Of course you can enjoy each practice longer depending on your schedule.
How about the rest of the day? Make sure to schedule some down time. Home retreat is not about filling your day with back-to-back activities.
Be as mindful as you can. Observe your thoughts. Tune into your feelings and emotions. Listen and pay attention to everything around you. Focus on the present. Don’t worry about the past or the future today. Be extra kind and gentle to yourself.
- Decluttering in the Marie Kondo way: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/organizing/a25846191/what-is-the-konmari-method/
- 30 Toddler Activities at Home | How to Entertain 1 – 2 years old by Love Happy Ali (Youtube): https://youtu.be/NrvmC5otcBE
- Free 15-minute Root chakra grounding class @seaflowyoga (Instagram): https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-XvbsuDTTf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- Free 30-40 minutes Yoga Videos by Yoga with Adriene (youtube): https://yogawithadriene.com/free-yoga-videos/
- Free 10-minute Online Chakra Meditation (youtube): https://youtu.be/jeGT1VXwfx4
- Headspace App for free meditations: https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app
- Rebecca Campbell’s “Spend More Time With Your Soul 21 Days of Group Devotion” (Free Facebook videos): https://www.facebook.com/rebeccathoughts/
- Quick easy read on “How to Journal for Self-Improvement” by Darius Foroux : https://dariusforoux.com/how-to-journal/
- Katie Dalebout: Journal Writing 101 (free to watch all 8 classes until 9 April): https://shop.mybluprint.com/other/classes/journal-writing-101-transcend-the-everyday/754554?SSAID=1820741&sscid=31k4_jqltk&sasClickId=31k4_jqltk&cr_linkid=ShareASale_Banner_ShareASale&cr_maid=46579&cr_source=ShareASale&cr_medium=ShareASale
- Email Tania below or DM us via Instagram @musefloweretreat for any questions, feedback, or just emotional support.
Got more questions about getting started with meditation?
Feel free to share your feedback or questions with me.
Know someone who may enjoy reading this article too?
Please feel free to share it with them.
About Tania Ho
Museflower founder and owner Tania Ho is a Hong Kong native who now makes her home at the retreat in Chiang Rai, where she is actively involved in all aspects of running the property.
Tania is trained in a number of holistic therapies including Bach Flower Remedies, Hado Counseling, Magnified Healing and Reiki. She serves as an intuitive healer and retreat facilitator to help guide people back to their center. She currently offers private Soul Card Reading and Intuitive Healing sessions, and teaches various wellness classes and workshops at Museflower Retreat & Spa.
Museflower Retreat & Spa provides a quiet space for city people who feel stressed out, disconnected and tired an opportunity to get away, slow down and learn to reconnect to themselves again. To receive a free 500THB credit voucher to use towards your next retreat or spa booking at Museflower, subscribe to our newsletter and claim your free gift here.